|Area of Interest:||Front Office|
Revisn by Welcome (Welcome Holdings) is an extended stay Apartment Hotel brand offering fully furnished one and two-bedroom luxury apartments. Revisn’s extended stay lifestyle residences offer all the comforts of a luxury apartment residence with the flexibility and hospitality of a boutique hotel. Revisn Raleigh, the flagship location, is located in heart of Glenwood South offering 48 lifestyle residences, a small conference room, and a rooftop terrace.
The Concierge performs sales and customer service functions related to guest registration, reservations, and revenue collections in a manner that will ensure all operational and service standards are met. Operates the reception/information center for the hotel. Performs a variety of clerical, accounting, housekeeping, and valet driving duties. Acts as a switchboard operator and resource for information.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- 35% Maintains high standards of exceptional guest service. Represents Revisn and its brand to guests. Recognizes and greets guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Communicate in an upbeat demeanor with guests, answering questions, providing suggestions and engaging in positive customer connections. Receive and resolve all guest complaints in a timely manner and within the guidelines of the company and the brand when applicable. Monitors internal and external telephone calls and guest chat messages making certain proper telephone and message etiquette is followed and that the information given to guests is accurate, precise, and courteous. Assist in check in/check out of guests or any related guest service activity. Issue room key and escorts or directs guests as appropriate. Assists guests during arrival and departure with luggage services or valet services. Verify that all information on the registration card is accurate and complete.
- 15% Serves as Valet Parking Driver; comprehending and abiding by all traffic regulations while transporting guest vehicles to and from Revisn and parking deck. Maintain driveway traffic flow to allow main Revisn entrance accessibility ensuring ample space for passenger and luggage loading and unloading.
- 15% Processes all incoming and outgoing reservations and cancellation requests in a timely manner. Check and control room reservations through the Property Management system. Communicate applicable deposit and guarantee policies. Communicate and promote all Corporate marketing programs. Maximizes revenue through suggestive selling techniques such as up-selling. Pre-assign sales and brand VIPs ensuring room assignments meet customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction. Assign other reservations based on guest preferences and availability.
- 5% Complies with the Revisn Security and Emergency procedures. Provides security for guests and the property by controlling room keys, verifying cash banks, making safe drops preparing cash reports, following credit card verification procedures and reporting suspicious activity by guests or others.
- 5% Handles accounting and financial transactions according to established policies and procedures. Balance all revenue and settlement accounts daily. Count cash and other payments at end of shift to verify and balance the house bank. Post charges for residences and other incidental charges. Compute bill, collect payment and make change for guests.
- 5% Disseminate pertinent information to appropriate team members. Assists other team members to contribute to the smooth operation of Revisn. Provides constant feedback to Managers concerning service issues, including guest desires, complaints and comments. Coordinates the delivery of guest service by other co-workers and outside businesses including but not limited to submitting Maintenance requests and communicating special requests to Housekeeping.
- 5% Maintain current information and materials regarding hotel facilities and services, local restaurants and attractions. Maintain a current resume book related to conventions, meetings and special events held in Revisn and the city. Answer questions regarding and/or making arrangements for dining, entertainment, sports events, recreation, tours, health and beauty services, child care, transportation, religious worship, cultural activities, shopping, floral services, and other services. Keep accurate records of all arrangements made. Answer questions concerning and/or giving directions to hotel facilities, meeting room, or events held therein. Coordinate/promote activity reports to track reservation bookings. Provides explicit directions, sightseeing needs, entertainment ideas, etc.
- 5% Completes daily checklists of duties. Verify rates, block special residence requests and note VIPs on arrivals reports. Note any discrepancies and inform VP of Operations. Keep records of residence availability and guest accounts. Process mail (date stamp and sort) and notify guests of receipt of mail, messages, and packages. Assist guests in the sending of packages. Maintain a stamp bank with domestic and international postage for guest purchase. Pick up and deliver guest dry cleaning to and from guest residences in a timely and accurate manner.
- 5% Maintains order and cleanliness in Revisn. Perform room inspections as needed. Perform housekeeping functions as needed. Clean and polish luggage cart and other equipment as needed.
- Handle VIP clients’ needs as necessary.
- Must be familiar with all Revisn Quality Assurance Standards and ensure 100% compliance. Complies with all Revisn policies and procedures.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings as required.
- Maintain a clean & professional image to the guest, with nametag worn always.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Welcome Holdings standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel. Comply with Welcome Holdings Standards of Conduct as per the Employee Handbook.
Desired Competencies, Work Skills, and Knowledge Required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills. Must behave in a professional manner, neat in appearance, courteous, and know what to do or say in dealing with people. Must possess a high aptitude for handling people.
- Must have a current drivers license with clean driving record.
- Must display a high degree of pride and integrity in job performance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced demanding atmosphere. Must possess the ability to think on their own and not become upset or frustrated easily; the type of individual who works well under pressure. Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision. It is imperative that this person be a self-starter, have good judgement, and possess the quality of adaptability.
- Knowledge of all departments of hotel.
- Knowledge and ability to communicate clear directions to nearby local attractions and hotel facilities and services. Must be familiar with local restaurants, attractions, entertainment, and events.
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently
- Capable of accurately handling money transactions
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Property Management System, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task.
Education And Experience Required
- Completion of 12thgrade or equivalent outside study.
- Minimum three years previous customer service experience.
- Minimum three years previous hotel experience in an upscale branded hotel is preferred.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
Welcome Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state, and/or federal laws, which can include race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or physical or mental disability unrelated to job requirements. Welcome’s policies also provide for a drug-free workplace, where the use, possession, or influence of illegal drugs or alcohol while on company time is generally prohibited. An employee’s use (or abuse) of legally prescribed medication may also implicate company policy, where it impairs judgement or work performance or otherwise creates workplace safety risks.