|Area of Interest:||Housekeeping|
Revisn by Welcome (Welcome Holdings) is an extended stay Apartment Hotel brand offering fully furnished one and two-bedroom luxury apartments. Revisn’s extended stay lifestyle residences offer all the comforts of a luxury apartment residence with the flexibility and hospitality of a boutique hotel. Revisn Raleigh, the flagship location, is located in heart of Glenwood South offering 48 lifestyle residences, a small conference room, and a rooftop terrace.
The Housekeeper provides housekeeping services to all residences according to the policies and procedures established by Welcome Holdings, providing exceptional quality housekeeping services to enhance the overall guest experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- 55% Clean residences including kitchen sinks, counters, showers, toilets, sinks, walls, mirrors, tiles, counter and floor surfaces. Strip and make beds and change bed linens. Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, and window ledges and shelves thoroughly. Vacuum entire room thoroughly. Empty all trash, replacing trash liners. Replenish amenities, linens and supplies in residences. Completes daily checklists of duties. Cleans all public spaces including restrooms, conference room, lobby spaces, roof top terrace, offices, and conference rooms. Ensure paper products are well stocked. Empty trash and recycled material into proper receptacles. Vacuum floors and dust furniture. Clean elevators, including walls, polish stainless steel, clean mirrors, and mop floors. Ensure all public areas are clean and appearance meets cleanliness standards. Check facilities throughout the day for cleanliness and supplies. Maintains order and cleanliness in Revisn. Perform visual room inspections for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for residences. Perform special projects as assigned. Assist with carpet shampoo projects including relocation of furniture. Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned. Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests. Clean and polish luggage cart and other equipment as needed.
- 20% Operate equipment necessary to sort, wash, dry, and fold hotel linens. Distribute linen to designated areas in the hotel in accordance with established par levels in each area. Report any linen shortages or other discrepancies to the appropriate manager or supervisor. Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash. Ensure neat and organized housekeeping closets. Restock housekeeping carts for the following day.
- 10% Maintains high standards of exceptional guest service. Represents Revisn and its brand to guests. Recognizes and greets guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Communicate in an upbeat demeanor with guests, answering questions, providing suggestions and engaging in positive customer connections. Respond quickly and efficiently to all guest requests. Receive and resolve all guest complaints in a timely manner and within the guidelines of the company and the brand when applicable. Monitors internal and external telephone calls and guest chat messages making certain proper telephone and message etiquette is followed and that the information given to guests is accurate, precise, and courteous. Maintain current information and materials regarding hotel facilities and services, local restaurants and attractions. Answer questions concerning and/or giving directions to hotel facilities, meeting room, or events held therein. Provides explicit directions, sightseeing needs, entertainment ideas, etc.
- 5% Deliver miscellaneous goods and supplies to residences. Provide turndown service to required guest rooms in accordance with established standards as necessary. Welcome and escort guests to and from their rooms and assisting with luggage as necessary.
- 5% Complies with the Revisn Security and Emergency procedures. Provides security for guests and the property by controlling room keys and reporting suspicious activity by guests or others. Practice chemical safety rules and follow procedures for needles and other hazardous materials. Properly labels and turns in Lost and Found articles.
5% Disseminate pertinent information to appropriate team members. Provides assistance to other team members to contribute to the smooth operation of Revisn. Provides constant feedback to Managers concerning service issues, including guest desires, complaints and comments. Coordinates the delivery of guest service by other co-workers and outside businesses including but not limited to submitting Maintenance requests and communicating special requests to the Concierge. Correctly identifies the status of each assigned room and reports any maintenance problems or product shortages.
- Handle VIP clients’ needs as necessary.
- Must be familiar with all Revisn Quality Assurance Standards and ensure 100% compliance. Complies with all Revisn policies and procedures.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings as required.
- Maintain a clean, neat and professional image to the guest. Nametag worn always.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Welcome Holdings standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel. Comply with Welcome Holdings Standards of Conduct as per the Employee Handbook.
Desired Competencies, Work Skills, and Knowledge Required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently
- Ability to read and understand directions on cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to use chemicals and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to learn and apply hazardous chemical standards.
- Must have knowledge of chemical cleaning agents.
- Must be able to operate different types of industrial laundry equipment.
- Must have strong customer service skills. Must behave in a professional manner, neat in appearance, courteous, and know what to do or say in dealing with people. Must possess a high aptitude for handling people.
- Must display a high degree of pride and integrity in job performance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced demanding atmosphere. Must possess the ability to think on their own and not become upset or frustrated easily; the type of individual who works well under pressure. Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision. It is imperative that this person be a self-starter, have good judgement, and possess the quality of adaptability.
- Knowledge and ability to communicate clear directions to nearby local attractions and hotel facilities and services. Must be familiar with local restaurants, attractions, entertainment, and events.
Education And Experience Required
- Completion of 12th grade or equivalent outside study.
- Minimum three years previous housekeeping experience.
- Minimum three years previous hotel experience in an upscale branded hotel is preferred.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend frequently, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
About Welcome Holdings, LLC (Revisn)
Welcome Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state, and/or federal laws, which can include race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or physical or mental disability unrelated to job requirements. Welcome’s policies also provide for a drug-free workplace, where the use, possession, or influence of illegal drugs or alcohol while on company time is generally prohibited. An employee’s use (or abuse) of legally prescribed medication may also implicate company policy, where it impairs judgement or work performance or otherwise creates workplace safety risks.